Links for Writers
- Romance Writers of America®: RWA is the place for career-focused romance writers. The association represents more than 10,000 members.
- Music City Romance Writers: This is my local RWA chapter. I’ve been a member since 2005 and wouldn’t be where I am today without them.
- Heart of Dixie: The Huntsville chapter I’m also a member of. These ladies are not only known for their southern hospitality…but mostly for their shoes!
- Harlequin – links for Writers: Harlequin is the leader in series romance and one of the world’s leading publishers of women’s fiction. They have a great section on their website for aspiring authors.
Some of my favorite craft books
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Getting Your Romance Published, by Julie Beard
- The Complete Writer’s Guide to Heroes & Heroines, by Tami D. Cowden, Caro LaFever, and Sue Viders
- Goal, Motivation & Conflict, by Debra Dixon
- First Draft in 30 Days, by Karen S. Wiesner
- On Writing, by Stephen King
- Techniques of the Selling Writer, by Dwight V. Swain
- What Type Am I?, by Renee Baron (This is a book I use to help develop my characters.)
- Writing Dialogue, by Tom Chiarella
- Writing for Emotional Impact, by Karl Iglesias
- Writing the Breakout Novel, by Donald Maass
- The First Five Pages: A Writer’s Guide to Staying Out of the Rejection Pile, by Noah Lukeman
Blogs of Interest